Thursday 3 November 2011

AUTUMN: DAY SIXTEEN


DAY SIXTEEN: Latin tee, Marc by Marc Jacobs

The other week I had a last minute trip to Paris for work to assist on a few shoots which turned out to be a really fun trip. After our second shoot, we were lumbering through the streets of Paris on our way back to our hotel before we legged it to the Eurostar when we stumbled across the Marc by Marc Jacobs store.

As my editor knows how obsessed I am with MJ, he rolled his eyes and said that we could have a brief pitstop. Not needing to be told twice, I virtually sprinted into the shop and being a seasoned MJ shopper I knew that somewhere in the store there would be a sale corner. It took me approximately 10 seconds to home in on it and more specifically, the latin tees that were going for €5 each.  Total bargain.

I have this weird love for Latin. When I was at school, it was my most hated subject but since doing my English degree at university, I have a whole new appreciation of it. The script on this tee is hard to read in the photo (apologies for the terribly MySpace-y photo as well) but it reads Veritas Inlustrat which means truth enlightens. You may’ve noticed that I’m wearing another one in Day Fourteen – that one reads Inter Nos (between us). I like these tees as not everyone knows what they say. Is that weird?

Worn with: Necklace, Freedom Premium; Striped cardigan, Topshop.


PS: I've joined Bloglovin'. Come join the party here.

No comments:

Post a Comment