Monday 24 September 2012

SATURDAY GEMS




Ah, a return to normal life on a weekend. With the last two taken up by Bestival and then fashion week, I was really, really ready just to chill out and do normal stuff this weekend but clearly, I wasn't quite ready to let go of some aspects of my previous weekends' wardrobe and makeup options.

Hitting the park with Holly the sausage in the glorious sunshine, I figured that it was as good a time as any to road test a new bit of bling. I picked it up last week when I got invited to go and check out the new flagship Primark store on the corner of Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street. 

Let me tell you, that place is BIG - four floors and god only knows how many square metres of fast fashion. It took me a good hour to cover traipse around the whole building and that was without the crowds, although admittedly I was juggling a glass of champagne and a basket brimming full of clothes.



[above, L to R: champagne and empty aisles, the EPIC coloured denim wall]

I have to say, having the run of a virtually empty Primark was amazing plus this branch is the first to stock the whole of the Limited Edition collection, which when we saw it a few weeks ago at their press day had us all oohing and aahing - this necklace is part of it and at the knockdown price of £8 its a winning edition to my treasure trove of massive sparkly necklaces - I just wish I'd got it before fashion week. Still, just as good for strutting around the park in the sunshine as it would've been at Somerset House.

PS: What do you think of the new image style? Yay or nay? Drop me a note and let me know in the comments section.

Worn with: Parka and studded jeans, Zara; drop hem tee, Primark; Checked shirt, Old Navy; plimsolls, Converse; studded sunnies, Valentino; mini bag, NW3 by Hobbs.





No comments:

Post a Comment