Monday 10 May 2010

FLATS: DAY TWENTY TWO

DAY TWENTY TWO: Blue and bronze leather espadrilles, Penelope Chilvers (2010)
 
Today’s a day of travelling as I’m off to Turkey for work until Friday so I need to wear shoes that are comfortable, have a little give and still look nice - these leather espadrilles from Penelope Chilvers are just the ticket. I got them as a press gift a few weeks ago and I love them so much that I’m considering buying another pair as I’m having a total espadrille moment.
These are a bit pricey at almost £80 but they’re worth pretty much every penny. They also have a really cool affect - the more you wear them, the top colour breaks down to reveal a metallic colour underneath. There’s lots of different colourways to choose from and my next ones will probably be the pearly white or jaunty saffron yellow. 
Or maybe both, bank manager allowing.
Worn with: Blue skinny jeans, Miss Selfridge; Striped jumper, Boden. Not pictured: Grey leather biker jacket, Topshop; Grey UFO scarf, Topshop Unique; Pewter cross body bag, Burberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment