Wednesday 16 November 2011

AUTUMN: DAY TWENTY FOUR


DAY TWENTY FOUR: Afghan knitted scarf, Weardale Cottage Crafts

One of the side effects of working in fashion is that you're always wishing your life away on seasons. When you're looking at summer dresses during September or coats in February, it does funny things to your head and as such, you end up planning your wardrobe six months in advance. Or at least, I do. When I saw the House of Holland show back in February, I immediately fell in love with the oversized Afghan knit scarves and began investigating where on earth I could get one since there was no way I could afford the price attached to the ones I'd fallen in love with. Originally, I'd thought about buying two blankets and stitching them together so I started hunting on eBay. I came across Weardale Cottage Crafts, a small family-run business that sell their hand-knitted blankets through eBay and a plan was hatched. I emailed them, giving a rough explanation that I was after a blanket sized scarf and after a bit of back and forth, I'd commissioned my scarf, which arrived in time for Fashion Week. 

Of course, then we had our weird Indian summer so I haven't been able to wear it as much (except for when I've worn it as a shawl/poncho type combination) but with the recent cold snap, my scarf is finally getting the wear it deserves!

Worn with: grey sweatshirt, Petit Bateau; Sunglasses, Ray-Ban.

1 comment: