Thursday 26 April 2012

TRANSITION: DAY TWENTY EIGHT


DAY TWENTY EIGHT: Oversized shirt, Asos

Apologies for the lack of post the last few days, I have been somewhat overwhelmed with my regular work life (it's press day season) which means that rather than sitting at my desk, I have been running around town looking at what brands have to offer for next season. If you follow me on twitter [@adulescent], you'll have seen my favourite pieces from my rounds.

Yesterday was another one of those days of appointments, not helped by the fact that the rain was absolutely hammering down and there were gale force winds battering us from every angle.  I've taken to the belief that the wetter it is, the more important it is to wear as little as possible on your bottom half (avoiding backsplash and puddles) and as many thin layers as possible on the top half - there is nothing worse than overheating in a chunky jumper that you can't take off.

I've had this oversized white shirt from Asos kicking around in my wardrobe for a while but somehow, I couldn't find the right way to wear it until I came across my Versace for H&M palm print jumper and suddenly, inspiration struck. Two thin layers would fit under my coat, keep me warm against the wintery conditions and stop me from sweating the second I dived in to various venues across town on my missions.

The shirt in all it's oversized glory is still available on Asos for a very reasonable £25 [here].

Worn with: Palm print men's sweater, Versace for H&M; Leather shorts, H! by Henry Holland; Creepers, Underground London; Trench, The Kooples; Aviators, Ray-Ban.

No comments:

Post a Comment