Friday 13 April 2012

TRANSITION: DAY TWENTY THREE



DAY TWENTY THREE: Black studded collar top, Zara


There are some days when a regular t-shirt won't cut it. Today I have precisely one of those busy days - appointments in town, then back to the office before heading out to dinner with one of my favourite PRs so I needed something that would work for all three.


I have become obsessed with Zara. Ob-sessed. Whereas once my heart (and wallet) lay with Topshop, my allegiance has shifted in the last year or so. With prices creeping up in Topshop and the average age of shoppers in there making me feel a bit mutton-dressed-as-lamb (I'm only 28) plus the alarming love for bum cutting hot pants, I suddenly found myself stroking things in Zara where the prices seem to have come down and the quality has gone up.


I bought this top a few weeks ago and I love it because while it has a tee feel, it's definitely smarter. Plus, who doesn't love a stud detail?





Oh and also, check out the back, love this pleating detail:


I would however suggest going up a size in this style - I usually wear a small but something told me to buy it in a medium when I didn't have time to try it on. Whatever this something was, it was pretty smart as even a medium is snug on my chest. Like it? Run on over and buy it [here] before it disappears into the Zara ether.

Worn with: Grey skinnies, Topshop; Tortoiseshell Wayfarers, Ray-Ban


1 comment:

  1. I Love it, and have the exact same one :) They have just bought it out in cream too so I think maybe a large in that would be good, as white makes everything look snugger :)

    I love everything about Zara except their sizes :)

    Looks fab on you

    ReplyDelete