Friday 4 November 2011

AUTUMN: DAY SEVENTEEN


DAY SEVENTEEN: Snakeskin jeans, Dorothy Perkins

I am a leopard print girl through-and-through. I own a leopard version of probably every time of clothing and most accessories at least one time over so when snakeskin was hailed as the animal print of the season, I panicked slightly. Somehow, snakeprint doesn't suit me, or at least I didn't think it would.

I'd been debating a pair of snakeprint jeans/trousers as a way to break myself into the print gently (somehow snakeprint by my face just doesn't work) for quite some time when the lovely girls at Dorothy Perkins invited me to pick a pair of jeans from their new capsule range. I had to drag my myself away from the leopard print styles (got enough of those already) and decided to take a risk and order the snakeprint. When they turned up yesterday, I decided that I had to try them on immediately and good lord, they're incredible. I walked out of the fashion cupboard and straightaway I looked like I'd lost weight. I would like to point out I do not have naturally thin legs but somehow these trousers create the best optical illusion I have ever seen. I'm aware that you can't see the print in the photo above so here's a close up:


These jeans aren't available on the website yet but as soon as they are, I'll post a link. Definitely worth a purchase.


Worn with: Kimono top, River Island; Grey tee, H&M; Ribbed vest, Chinti & Parker; Boots, New Look; Necklace, Diva at Miss Selfridge; Ear cuff, Asos.

No comments:

Post a Comment