Saturday 31 March 2012

TRANSITION: DAY EIGHTEEN



DAY EIGHTEEN: Grey chinos, Banana Republic

Just when I was getting into the swing of spring things, y'know, breaking down my preconceptions of pastels, florals and the such, nature has a way of throwing you a curve ball. It's like someone somewhere decided that you can have too much of a good thing and it was time to reign in the sunshine. Whoever that person was, I'd like to take a moment to say YOU BASTARD.

When I woke up this morning to grey skies, an icy wind whipping through the open windows and an insanely sore throat building, it was like the light had just gone out of everything - even my previously jolly neon orange toenails looked a little sad in the lacklustre light. However, I'm a firm believer in silver linings - finally a chance to wear my favourite black waffle jumper again without looking like a tool and the opportunity to wear my new grey chinos from Banana Republic which arrived at the office yesterday.

When we were offered the choice of either pink or grey at the press day, I went for grey simply because I already owned a pink pair - my bright pink pair of chinos from Zara that I bought last summer. I then spent the next few weeks regretting my choice, thinking that actually the dusky deep raspberry would've been great but when they arrived, I knew I'd made the right decision - I need some smarter, preppier trousers in my wardrobe for when jeans, pajama pants or bright colours aren't appropriate. I get the feeling that I'll get a lot of wear out of these.

Worn with: black waffle jumper, Topshop; Black high tops, Converse.

1 comment:

  1. I hate the weather changes that happen at this point..It' not winter and it's not spring - it's inbetween!

    Love how sweet this picture is!



    http://www.praytofashion.com

    ReplyDelete