Monday 5 March 2012

TRANSITION: DAY ONE

Day one: Waffle knit jumper, Topshop

So, spring is just round the corner and with it, finally the chance to wear some lighter clothes. Unfortunately, with the weather being as it is, it still seems like a long time off - torrential rain yesterday and now gale force winds are making sartorial choices somewhat difficult. At the weekend, I did a massive clear out of my hanging wardrobe, throwing out about 80% of its contents and re-organising the contents in a way that I could finally see what I actually have. I came across my deer print dress from H&M that I bought at the end of last summer and optimistically thought that I would wear it today. Of course, with the weather being as it is, it couldn't be worn alone so I slung my trusty waffle knit jumper over the top.

I'd been on the hunt for the perfect black chunky waffle jumper for a while when on a rootle in Topshop I came across this one and fell in love. It was a staple piece of my wardrobe during LFW and I've worn it pretty much constantly since. I bought mine from the Petite range and in a larger size so it would be properly slubby because as most of you will know, I love a bit of grunge. At £36, it's been one of my best recent buys. It's still available [here].

Worn with: Deer print dress, H&M; Biker boots, New Look; Cable knit tights, Pretty Polly; Aviators, Ray-Ban.

No comments:

Post a Comment