Tuesday 6 March 2012

TRANSITION: DAY TWO

DAY TWO: Double stripes

Okay, so I'm not technically doing anything new here or wearing anything new but one of my fashion resolutions for 2012 was to buy less and buy better, plus to really take stock of my wardrobe. Sometimes, I get a little bored of Breton stripes so I thought a fun way to liven them up a bit would be to layer two of my old stripey tops, in this case my fine knit recycled Zara jumper over my favourite H&M long-sleeved tee. I like the way the white stripey sleeves stick out and mix it up from regular stripes.

This kind of layering is also great for the chilly weather at the moment - it gives a streamlined silhouette while keeping me toasty because as much as I love chunky knits, sometimes you want to wear something with a bit more shape that will fit under a slimline coat. More on that soon...

Worn with: Black Breton stripe jumper, Zara; White Breton stripe tee, H&M; Grey jeans, Miss Selfridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment