Friday 20 April 2012

TRANSITION: DAY TWENTY SIX



DAY TWENTY SIX: Perspex necklace, H&M


This week has been a tricky one for transition dressing. With the UK being hammered from all sides by torrential rain with the odd burst of sun, my wardrobe has gone into total meltdown and I've retreated to a monochromatic safe haven in my winter wardrobe. However, today I finally woke up to a brief stint of sunshine rather than the all too familiar sound of the rain hitting the window panes and decided that this must be celebrated one way or another, so on went the River Island spring knit from my post a few weeks ago [here].


To cap it off, I decided to throw on my favourite necklace from H&M that I've been wearing all week on top of black and grey jumpers. I bought it a few weeks ago in the flagship Regent Street store, drawn to it by the absurdly large perspex tablets and of course, the neon ribbon. I'm a sucker from any bright accessories these days.


Whenever I wear this necklace, people are drawn to touch it and noone ever believes me when I say it's from H&M, most people think it's Marni. When I tell them it's from H&M, the usual comment after the raised eyebrows is 'Marni at H&M?' and then their eyebrows practically fall off their faces when I say it's regular H&M.


I wish I'd had the forethought to buy two as the ribbon on this one is going a little grey at the edges from constant wear but I figure that maybe if I wash it gently, I can bring it back to it's former eyepopping glory.


Not bad for £14.99.


Worn with: blue and white spring knit, River Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment