Monday 28 May 2012

BRIGHTS: DAY FIVE


DAY FIVE: Green chino shorts, Dorothy Perkins

On Friday, I popped to town super early to hit up the Links of London clearance sale and on my way back to the station, with a few minutes spare I thought I would pop into good old DP for a quick nosy as I was having one of those outfit fail days. I'd been thinking about brightly coloured shorts as a summer staple for a while so when I clapped eyes on these bright green numbers, I knew I was onto a winner.

I'm much more of a shorts than skirt kinda girl as I like to be able to roll around (sometimes literally) on the floor of the fashion cupboard without feeling like I'm going to traumatise the work experience girls by flashing things that I shouldn't, ditto for riding on the tube in the ridiculous heat, so shorts are my go-to item each and every time it gets hot.

The bonus of these is that they're also not bum skimmers. There is no way I could walk through the newsroom unscathed if I had a buttcheek or two hanging out - the slightly longer style means that when paired with the right kind of top like this shirt, I can just about get away with these in a work environment.

Saying that, I've been sitting at my desk all day so deepest apologies for my rumpled state in this photo. Must steam myself next time before I get my photo taken! Must also lose at least a stone if my knees are going to carry on insisting that they're made of dough.

You can buy these green wonders [here] for a very reasonable £18, I've also got my eyes on the multitude of other colours that they come in - peach, lemon, navy and purple. Summer staple number one, officially in the bag!

Worn with: skull button shirt, Zara; belt, Gap; studded sunglasses, Valentino.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colour of these, such a pop of colour in a summer perfect shade. I was just thinking I would look for some summer shorts, none of these bum huggers hot pants nonsense, I will be heading to DP! Thanks! xxx

    ReplyDelete