Tuesday 8 November 2011

AUTUMN: DAY NINETEEN




DAY NINETEEN: One-shoulder playsuit, Topshop 

Being in our late twenties, my boyfriend (not the boy in the picture, that’s our friend Alex) and I have suddenly found ourselves at an age where our friends have started buying houses, getting married and having babies. The other week, we attended our third wedding of the year, that of our university friends Jenny and Steve.

I know that tradition states that you shouldn’t wear black to a wear a wedding but I do not naturally gravitate towards the block coloured dresses that you see in Coast - my one attempt at wearing that random shade of purple to a wedding almost killed me but that’s another story – plus we were only attending the evening celebration so I figured black would be fine.

I had been planning on re-wearing my navy Miss Selfridge dress from Day Twelve but at the last minute I had a change of heart and decided to mix it up with this one-shouldered playsuit that I picked up in Topshop a while ago and have been dying to wear. Seeing as I rarely go anywhere more fancy than my local pub at weekends, it’s been languishing in my wardrobe since the late summer when I grabbed it for the absolute bargain price of £7.50 in a sale, only to see it during fashion week in another branch still for the full price of £50. Can we say STEAL?

Just so you can see the detail, here's a solo shot:



Worn with: Nude and black patent pumps, Office; 2.55 bag, Chanel.

No comments:

Post a Comment