Tuesday 19 June 2012

BRIGHTS: DAY THIRTEEN




DAY THIRTEEN: Neon yellow varnish, American Apparel

As you can see from the photo above, I love nail varnish. I shudder to think how much I've spent over the years - this isn't even the whole collection, just what was on my shelf and in one of my cosmetic bags, there's more in random drawers, different rooms and handbags. I'm forever finding bottles that I'm convinced I've lost months before in various nooks and crannies of handbags that I've tossed back in my wardrobe without emptying properly.

A while back, I posted about the American Apparel Neon Red that I'd acquired [here] and how much I really, really wanted the neon yellow. Well, the other day when I was on appointments in town, my last stop of the day was American Apparel. Dawdling at the counter afterwards, my eyes were once again drawn to the glowing yellow and this time, I had to get it.




So now, I have blinding fingers and toes. The yellow seems to be a thinner consistency and more runny than the neon red but then this could be that since its a lighter shade the streaks are were noticeable when I was putting it on. It's a bit more high maintenance than the red as any dirt whatsoever shows up on the tips and in any small chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment