Monday 18 February 2013

LBD x LFW DAY FOUR


DAY FOUR: PETER PAN COLLAR SHEER STRIPED DRESS, FOUNT

So today was what we like to call Super Monday - all of the big guns showed - Peter Pilotto, Burberry and Tom Ford to name but a few. With an early start on a busy day, I decided to wear the Peter Pan collar sheer striped dress from Fount for a nod to the current 60s trend.

Fount popped up on my radar last year with their great, affordable dresses - they have such a wide range of styles that there's something for everyone. The sheer stripes on this dress are what caught my attention - I'm a sucker for a good stripe to be honest, so this dress was a winner from the start plus it has a super flippy skirt.

I added a big jewelled necklace from Asos to break up the otherwise all-black outfit and added studded loafers from Zara for a tough-preppy edge. While I wish it was warm enough (slash I had a car to take me round) to go without a coat, an extra layer was definitely necessary so I took my 60s look through to outerwear with my favourite old cocoon coat from Reiss 1971 and some catseye sunnies from Agent Provocateur for a final retro touch.

The Peter Pan dress is available on Little Black Dress here.

Don't forget to follow me on twitter @adulescent tomorrow for the final (sob) day of LFW and keep up to date with the team from Little Black Dress at @teamLBD

No comments:

Post a Comment