Saturday 16 February 2013

LBD X LFW DAY TWO



DAY TWO: BLACK PERSPEX SLEEVE MINI, UNIQUE COLLECTION

Now, it wouldn't be LFW if I didn't wear something a little bit crazy and a little bit more fash-wan for at least one day of the week. With another beautiful blue sky and temperatures creeping up, I figured it was time to bust out this beauty.

Little Black Dress collaborated with the University of Salford's fashion department for their Unique Collection. This dress was designed by Jessica Seargant and it immediately caught my eye with its Sixties shape, neoprene fabric and totally mental sleeves!

Since the dress itself was such a stand out piece, I decided to keep the rest of my outfit simple and let the dress do the talking. I popped one of my favourite striped long sleeve tees from H&M underneath to keep me warm against any sudden chills, plus I liked the way the stripes contrast with the perspex discs.



I admit that I also added a pair of leather hot pants underneath as the dress is definitely on the mini side and even though I'm only 5'3", I didn't want to take any chances. I'll leave the knicker flashing to random celebrities.

As its the weekend, I'm not dragging around my usual amount of stuff so I opted for my grey felt and leather document folder from Paperchase that acts as a wonderful clutch. I kept the rest of my silhouette simple with black opaques from Pretty Polly, my trusty knee high Dune boots are great for running around in and I'm keeping the sun out of my eyes with some big dark glasses from Kurt Geiger. For a little pop of colour, I've added a slick of red lipstick in two ton tomato from Clinique.

Don't forget, for up to the minute updates live from LFW, follow me on twitter @adulescent and the team at Little Black Dress at @TeamLBD.


No comments:

Post a Comment